The Software Quality Assurance Technician is responsible for assessing software quality through manual testing. You will be responsible for finding and reporting any and all bugs and glitches.
In this role, you will have a keen eye for detail and excellent communication skills. You will be competent in executing test cases and also be passionate about quality. You will ensure that our products, applications and systems work properly.
- Energy and Stress
- Team Work
- Quality Orientation
- Problem Solving
- Accountability and Dependability
- Operating Equipment
- Ethics and Integrity
- Review and analyze system specifications
- Collaborate with the product owner, development team and delivery teams to develop effective strategies and test plans
- Execute test cases (manual or automated) and analyze results
- Evaluate product code according to specifications
- Create logs to document testing phases and defects
- Report bugs and errors to development teams
- Help troubleshoot issues
- Conduct post-release/ post-implementation testing
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure quality throughout the software development lifecycle
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related technical discipline
- Up to one year of experience with C#, shell script, and web API
- Up to one year of experience with MS SQL 2008+, Oracle and Teradata – a strong asset
- knowledge of Agile Development – an asset
- knowledge of GIT or TFS – an asset
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Work is of a repetitive nature
Please forward all resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Resumes will be accepted until December 13th, 2019 @5:00 pm AST.